Here are a few things to consider when choosing your travel insurance plan to make sure that you've got the cover you want for your adventure:
- Cancellation: It's no fun if you’re seriously ill before you leave and can’t go on your trip. All travel insurance plans are different and some have specific terms of cover for cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully.
- Lost or Stolen Gear: Most travel insurance plans have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: Check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that in more serious circumstances, insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home for medical treatment if you’re fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: Look carefully at what your policy covers as each plan is different and may only cover specific sports and activities. Check that you’re covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you're away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it's found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered. Read the full description of coverage in the policy wording and talk to the insurer first before you admit it was your fault. Also keep in mind travel insurance doesn't typically cover liability while you’re driving (be it cars, motorbikes, scooters, boats… anything with a motor, really) so make sure you've got appropriate cover elsewhere if you need it.
- Is it safe to go there? Make sure you check your Government's Travel Warnings and keep up to date with the latest travel safety advice on the road. You may not be covered if you choose to go to a place affected by war, terrorism, civil unrest or environmental disasters (like volcanoes, earthquakes, floods) and other major events where you may be at risk.
For all your travel needs to the Holy Land, Time for Israel is with you all the way!!!
Come to Israel with us!
Book your tour to the Holy Land – send us an email with your desired dates and the number of travelers in your group, and we will get back to you with a quote that will put a smile on your face!
Time for Israel, LLC We are with you, all the way!